Thread: Value of: David desharnais
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
My opinion on this....

+ DD won't be traded at the deadline, unless it's for ridiculous overpayment (think 1st rounder of a team that might miss the playoffs).

+ He's RFA, and not UFA -- that means his trade value is possibly higher now than if he'd be UFA to-be.

+ Long term? All comes down to how much he asks. The reason why the Habs are successful now is offensive depth, and having a 850K forward who brings what he brings offensively is something of a real bargain.

+ Unless traded for overpayment, the Habs will qualify him. I don't expect him to remain in Montreal for long if he's signed over 3.25M$.

+ Trading Plekanec and Eller is definitely a possibility as well, both those players are extremely polyvalent... even if I'd be extremely surprised to see Plekanec play left wing, except for dire circumstances (example : Plekanec, DD, Eller, Galchenyuk and White are dressed -- and, in game, Eller, Bourque and Moen are injured, but that would be extreme circumstances).

+ The Habs Brass knows, much more than any people here, what those players bring. The big variables is DD's salary demands, and a possible trade offer for any of DD, Plekanec or Eller. Those two facts will mainly determine what will happen with Desharnais.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote