View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Just a couple questions and speculation about the Ducks goalie situation next season, if Fasth keeps playing the way he plays this season, do you think the Ducks will think of trading Hiller? Maybe as we have seen it before and before Fasth will steal the # 1 spot from Hiller in the playoffs? All it takes is for Hiller to have one bad game in the playoffs and Fasth to come in and steal the show just like Schneider did from Luongo last year.

If that happens I can see Hiller being dealt in the off season on Draft Day. I believe Fasth will be the Ducks starting netminder next season and will grow into an elite goaltender in the NHL. I told my buddy after Fasth went 3-0 this season that I can see this guy being the next Lundqvist.
I would hope they don't trade Hiller based off one good season from Fasth. There have been way too many one year wonders in net to assume that Fasth can handle a starting role based off him winning the role in a shortened season. I could only see it happening if Fasth dominates in the playoffs.