View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Pro scouts = free agency as well. They've taken risks with big contracts to Pardy and Rome. Pardy was a disaster. Rome has been OK, but he's also been an injury risk in his career and that continues. Fiddler has been awesome as a 4th liner this year, but they paid him like a 3rd line center.

More importantly ... Goligoski isn't just a throw in mention. He's a pretty massive mistake. They traded one of their top young wings for a guy they said was a top pairing D. Now, Goli has proved he can put up points, but he's a 3rd pair D at ES at best. I really think he can find some success in Dallas, but he's no where near worth what you paid to get him. That's a major blunder to trade a early 20's Top 6 winger for an offensive D that can't successfully play against the other team's top competition.

Amateur scouts on this team win in a land slide.
They signed Ryder, he put up a career high # of goals last season. They signed Jagr, he's leading the team in goals and PP goals. They signed Whitney, yeah he broke his foot but he was playing quite well before that. We've got one of the most potent offenses we've had in years, but our pro scouts obviously suck so much. Hell, our power play that was 30th in the league is now in the top half. Pro scouts got no clue.

Goligoski came here and lit it up after the trade. His season last season wasn't nearly as bad as this season. He's also slowly putting up the points this season. His defense needs improving but he's offensively getting better. James Neal never even hit 30 goals the entire time he was here, and his point production wasn't even that of last year's Benn. I'm sure we've all seen the argument before that Neal wouldn't be a 40g scorer in Dallas, no need to rehash that crap. I'm sure you know it as well.