View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 03:40 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I forgot Zadorov. I guess Wennberg is in that mix as well.

I don't think waiting at least 2 years for Nichushkin is the problem, but it's just the fact that he chose to sign a 3 year extension in the KHL in his draft year. That displays that he's not interested in coming to the NHL anytime soon. It's just another thing to scare a team off. I'm not trying to overblow it, but it's a factor. It doesn't mean that he's not interested in the NHL, it just leaves doubt is all. But hopefully the teams that are interested in him would get some answers before the draft. From a fan's perspective though, Russian players from overseas always worry one a little.

It's hard to imagine Kuznetsov being better than Tarasenko, but we'll see. I would state that he has more pure skill than Tarasenko, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a better NHL player. He'll definitely be one to watch when he does come over though, especially possibly playing with Backstrom.
I fail to see how it signals his disinterest in the NHL. Your career last pasts 21 you know. If a player wants to develop at home, then let him. His contract status without further information hardly concerns me.

Kuznetsov is an awesome talent. Skating, puck skills, vision, good frame. His total package/abilities are higher than Tarasenko. The compete level, or rather inconsistencies might be an issue, and of course we wait and see upon his NHL arrival, but dat package ...