View Single Post
03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
vCash: 500
Pretty horrible 48 hour stretch for Ovie. Had some chances, created some opportunities, but I'd say the horrible, boneheaded turnovers or lazy play outnumbered the good by at least 3:1.

Something needs to give for him. Having just moved to Pittsburgh and watched a lot of their games, it amazes me that it was even once a discussion who was better between him and Sid. It seems to me that it's a rarity for Ovie to make the smart hockey play like so many stars do game in and game out. Those plays win win games. Instead, Ovie opts for the spectacular, low percentage play that, IMO, he does not have the dangles to pull off anymore.

Granted, it's not all his fault. I have no explanation for why he's stuck playing with Hendricks. Why not Fehr if you're going to try Chimera up there? Give him someone with hands and an actual defensive presence. The team is poorly constructed thanks to our genius GM, but our best player has shown he's incapable of elevating his play. Outside of a few games here or there, he's been a detriment to this team so far this year.