03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Not fair/correct analogies.

MDZ here good 1st yr, had to go down and return

Hags/Miller great experience + more AHL time already.

You may recall I almost singlehandedly called Miller being ready.
Obviously I was right.
Kreider is more physically gifted, but needs more development to manage those gifts.
He has not had development opportunity yet.

Kreider = NO AHL experience last year, played Boston College, uneven playoffs only still did great.

Has had minimum AHL development time.
Problem is not he suddenly is devoid of ability, but that Torts is all over his ass too much too soon. It is a needless distraction creating an unnecessary setback.
Kreider could be here, now, contributing and screwing up, making progress, if he was not unfairly worried Torts was not going to make an example of him, hold him to the same standard as the rest of the club, which is EVENTUALLY fair, but not immediately fair now when all else have all had adequate professional experience pre-NHL.

Miller proved me right.
So will Kreider, in reasonably due good time.
Kreider has had as many games in the AHL as Miller (actually a little more) and almost twice as many as Hagelin. He had almost as much NCAA time as Hagelin and way more time to develop than Miller.

The difference between Miller/Hagelin and Kreider is that while the former made mistakes, they also contributed in other ways. Kreider was often a defensive liability, not playing his game (trying to stickhandle way too much rather than keeping it simple), but most importantly, he did not really contribute to the team enough to counterbalance his mistakes.