View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 05:02 PM
sens613

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
First of all, grass is always greener? They are both in the Sens

Second, I haven't followed the matchups as closely the last few games, but during the win streak, Wier and Gonchar were playing against top lines. Not Methot. Gonchar is always the one facing top lines since Karlsson went and Wiercioch has been his partner most of the time.

Lastly, Wier is the ROOKIE. So Methot is a little better now (I have doubts about this because of the offensive side of the game), Wier has potential. The Sens are not in a win now mode, and Wier will be better long term. It's a no brainer to keep PW.
Grass is always greener meaning you would take the played with under half a season over the nhl veteran who has proved far more .

Wier could all of a sudden develop a mean strike and use his size but he has yet to show any indication he will.

i think Wier will be a fine nhl dman for years to come but to even suggest he is close to Methot who has been our best dman since the injury is a little much. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so i rarely post but when I see the same people trying to force their opnions that clearly are widely viewed as wrong i get a little annoyed. I apologize if you ACTUALLY think Wier is better , not everyoe values skills the same or has played the game.

sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote