View Single Post
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Richter Scale
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
With all the love for Boyle, (I didn't watch the game btw, sleeping) was he actually that effective or are we all just giving him the thumbs up because of goal/GWG?
Coming from a Boyle defender, I'd say a little bit of both. In this game... I don't know that he played so well that he deserves as much praise as he's getting in this thread; but he definitely looked stronger on the puck, had solid defensive play, threw the body around a bit more, and obviously got the goal. Good on him, hope he keeps it up.

He looked better, but it wasn't like he was a completely different Boyle than we've been getting so far this season. Its pretty ridiculous how on these boards he can be considered an AHL'er one day, but then he gets a meh goal and suddenly everyone loves him (the shot was nice, but its not like it was a direct result of some good play he made, grinding, or extra effort on that shift). He hasn't been playing as well as we all know he's capable, but he hasn't been horrible either -- and certainly doesn't deserve to be replaced with Bickel. I'm all for Torts playing mind games, and benching him to light a fire under his ass; but that is very different than what people have called for in terms of just completely getting him off the team or sending him to the AHL permanently.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote