View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
It's not that surprising, though. We have Price, Subban and Pacioretty still improving yet already very strong at three different positions. We have Markov, Gorges, Gionta and Plekanec as good vets with leadership and a team-first attitude. And we already have four of the kids that we have been drafting/recruiting in the starting lineup, plus another young first-rounder in Eller. Add Desharnais, Prust, Moen, Bouillon and White and that is even more guys who compete every night. Bourque and Ryder may be streaky but can produce and know the league.

This is really a well-rounded team.

We should try to make that first run this year, even if we fall short. The kids need to see the playoff action and if they end up feeling the disappointment of losing, it will make them stronger for the following year, like both Pittsburgh and Chicago did in recent years.
As I said, I think this team will be much better than it is now in two or three years. Galchenyuk will be 22 and guys like Tinordi and Beaudlieu will have a year or two under their belt.

I'm not a big fan of getting rentals this year. I'd rather we go in with what we've got and see how it goes. We aren't at the end of our contending years, we're at the beginning. I'd much rather use those picks ourselves or add to them.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote