View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
I think we need a change of defenseman. If Orpik can change and get better, just like Martin (in my opinion) has gotten better from last year then that would be fine. But each game recently, Orpik seems to get worse and worse.

Yes, why can't Shero address the winger situation as well as the defense by the trade deadline.

Maybe we need to start listing the possibilities in trades for D. I would trade Orpik, Niskanen, or Engelland for the right improvement. We could throw in TK, Glass, and/or picks and/or possibly a prospect for the right trade. Here are some D not mentioned much yet to add to the D list (Murray, Scuderi, Regehr):

Smid (EDM) - top 5 in NHL defenseman in hits AND blocks
Brewer (TBL) - has some size (6'4" 220 lbs), leads Tampa in hits + blocks
Beauchemin (ANA) - top 2 in +/- , leads ANA in SH time on ice and overall TOI
Klein (NSH) - top 20 in NHL defenseman in BLKS + Takeaways, leads NSH in SH TOI
Fraser (TOR) - leads the NHL in defensive +/-, 3rd in NHL defenseman with Hits
I would say only Smid is a realistic target. Those other guys will stay where they are for various reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I wonder if Shero created some good will with Maloney sending him Michalek back for peanuts. I'd be interested in Morris and Klesla.
Klesla would help. Not a big fan of Morris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
If we could flip kennedy for dougie murray I would be a happy camper!
I would like that very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
What are the chances of getting Anaheim to trade with us. Are there any chances of getting Beauchemin? If not, what about Sbisa?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659193
Zero chance, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
You do not want Murray. There is a very good reason Sharks fans want to get rid of him.
Sharks fans aren't the greatest talent evaluators, either. Murray would fill a huge need for us (a crease clearer). His play has dipped this season but players often rediscover their games after a change of scenery. His addition would be major, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Players develop bonds and loyalty to the places that drafted them, for better or worse. He might leave, but not sure we could afford him if he did.
Not disagreeing, just pointing out that Smid was a Ducks draft pick, dealt to Edmonton in the famed Chris Pronger deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I just don't see where Murray would fit here. I don't think he'd be good enough for a top 4 role and that would force him to the bottom pair with Engelland. I can't see those two being a good D pair. Although I could see Murray helping in a limited role on the PK and defensive zone starts where you need a big body to clear the front of the net.
Murray would definitely be an upgrade on Engelland, no question. We all love Engelland's fighting ability, but his game has regressed this season (probably more than Murray's, in fact).