View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 07:18 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
You guys are way off if you believe Barkov will ever be a winger, or let alone a powerforward He is as natural center as they come, he has played his entire career center, he has never been on wing. And I very much doubt that despite his size he will become your typical "powerforward" , that's just not his style of playing. Sure he isn't shy of contact, but he doesn't go out of his way to seek hits etc.

Also, his skating really isn't that weak, it's just that since it is his only notable "weakness", people overreact to it. Year ago his skating was even weaker, and last summer he improved upon it leaps and bounds, and I'm certain that he will only keep on improving upon it in the coming years.
I was saying that because from what ive seen he uses his size well, can be physical(not big hits) and can wear down opponents, maybe not a powerfoward but a physical tough to move down low guy who will use his size.

I always though of him as a center but was more so curious if he has been a winger at all