Old
03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I understand that, but mantha is not a guy who's going to drop out of the 1st. He has 48 goals in 63 games and has all the tools. I see him going no later than 20.

I really don't know how he's not being talked about more tbh.
Fair enough. Again, I am not saying he is going to drop, but these things happen. I mean just look at last draft...Olli Maata was supposed to be picked in the top half, went in the bottom half. Matt Finn was supposed to be mid first, went 35th. Sebastian Collberg was supposed to be another mid first round guy, went in the second. Nicholas Kerdiles is another. All of these guys were thought to be going higher than they did. It happens on a regular basis. Guys who are lower ranked sneak up, and some guys fall. Nothing is guaranteed. I'm just saying my ideal draft is Jones (or Nurse if unavailable) with our first pick, Mantha (or De La Rose if unavailable) with our second. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Just because they didn't turn out to be hall of fame guys, you could still argue they were franchise defenseman to a certain degree (EJ, Jovo, Phillips- low end). Regardless, their careers have no bearing on Jones'. Jones is one of the most rare athletes you will ever see lace them up- 6'4+, great skater, very good offensive skills. I believe his IQ is much higher than when those guys were selected and his offenisve skills are better than every guy sans maybe Berard.
Absolutely, but none of those guys, with the exception of maybe Jovo, would be worth one of, if not the most valuable young forward in your organization plus a first round pick. I'm not in any way knocking Jones. I'm just saying he hasn't played yet. I wouldn't trade a known valuable commodity + a first rounder for someone who has not played a minute of professional hockey. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I would trade other things to get that pick like a first and next years first + whatever.