View Single Post
Old
07-27-2006, 07:41 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. If the league is actually considering doing something like this then the NHL can go **** itself. The CBA with its Draconian rules and salary cap is bad enough, and now they want to tell you which players to keep or get rid of in order to get below the cap number. Little Napoleon is going too far if this is true. And I will not financially support a league that behaves this way.
It's not saying the Devils CAN'T trade AlMo, it's just saying that they can't trade him to circumvent the cap.

Basically it's saying that if you trade Alex and a 1st rounder for a 2nd round pick, htere's no equal level of equity coming back in the deal which means that this is a blatant attempt to get around a mistake signing in the first place.

This is a portion of the agreement that more than likely the owners wanted. Rather I should say the poorer owners wanted so it would guard against the larger market teams pawning off mistakes to other larger markets that have the cap room for the future benefit of one hand washing the other.

Lou made his bed, now that he wet it, he's going to have sleep in it.

Silver lining? It's just 1 year of cap casualty that he has to deal with.

I wonder how long before the NHL follows the NFL and you see managment hire Cap-Ologists. Guys that will study the CBA and develope strategies to work in and around the Cap.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote