View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
What do you think about Francois Beauchemin ? Has he a chance to make the summer camp ? His play is solid, I donīt think he has any chance to make the olympic squad though.
No to Beauchemin, in any capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
Sharp is a great pick I think. I would definitely not be against a roster whith him. Itīs a question who would play with Toews and Sharp. Rick Nash ? Eric Staal ? John Tavares ? If he makes a good play-off run, then is no doubt he should be considered as a near-lock.

I love the depth we have
I think that both Nash and E. Staal would be good picks to play with Toews/Sharp. My preference is Nash. With that three man group, Canada has an effective combo from the 2010 Olympics (Nash/Toews) and more importantly an effective combo from regular NHL hockey (Toews/Sharp). All three can be very effective defensively, Nash and Sharp are natural wingers, and all are goal scoring threats. I think they would be great on the forecheck and pretty dominant in terms of puck possession. It helps that Nash is playing his best hockey in years for New York.

Given the playmakers available Canada is going to have a few lines acting as scalpels. A Sharp - Toews - Nash line could be a complimentary hammer.