View Single Post
Old
07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Netro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
You'd rather have Petr Nedved at 2.3M$? Dave Scatchard at 2.1M$? Mike York at 2.85M$? or maybe Bobby Holik at 4.25M$?

Ribeiro's price is cheap compared to other centers who produce as much or in some cases, less...
I'd rather have none of them, expect maybe Mike York, though he is expensive but has speed to burn, and plays many different facets of the game (e.g. kills penalties).

Instead of comparing Ribs to others, because I am sure I could find players, just like you, that I would prefer to have, analyze his game. Ribs is slow, small, does not play physical, is poor defensively and horrible on face-offs. Yes, he has great vision and playmaking ability but his weaknesses prevent him from executing on a consistent basis. And we know he has consistency issues. Plus, his playoff performances to date have been weak. Ribs is on the team to provide offense and when he doesn't, for the lack of a better word, he is useless.

This has nothing to do with who I want in his place, it has everything to do with whether I think Ribs can do the job and whether I think he is worth the money. At this point, I don't. Considering he is the Habs #2 centre, I would be ecstatic if he proves me wrong this season, and I hope he does, but as of today, based on what I have seen in his career, it does concern me that the Habs have him as the #2 centre.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote