View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 07:11 PM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
It's pretty basic. Selanne is going to have this year and maybe next year before retirement. With people aging and a longer season, it's unlikely that the Ducks will be as good next year.
Not sure I understand your theory. If you believe Selanne is gonna be near the same level and Koivu easily has 3 years left. This team in theory should be as good or better. Unless you're saying the Ducks aren't cup contenders this year.

Seeing as we are a younger team with tons of kids they are getting worse because they get a year older? I would think they would progress not regress.

Only players wary of a decline would be Selanne/Souray/Koivu but since you seem to believe Koivu is perfectly fine for at least 3 years he shouldn't be of worry. I would logically assume our younger players would make up for their slight decline.

Therefor I don't understand how you can assume we won't be as good next year. Just because we might not post some ridiculously assume start like his year won't mean we aren't a good team.