View Single Post
Old
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
At present Ulrich and Basso et al are guilty by association, the optics might be bad, but they have not been found guilty anything (aside from poor judgment).

You can flesh this point out all you like, it's still a non sequitor. Your assumptions are not facts, and it does not follow that beating alleged cheaters makes it certain that you are a cheater.
If you choose to believe that, because there isn't an airtight case against armstrong, that he is clean then it's your business. I refuse to have the wool pulled over my eyes on this one. No, Ulrich and Bsso havn't been proven guilty yet, but when was the last time a cyclist got exonerated after being under suspicion? it never happens! ever.

Armstrong has decimated a field of alledged dopers for 7 years. There have been many claims that armstong himself was doping, though they none have been proven conclusively.

I am not saying that this holds up in a court of law, but in the court of common sense I think it's hard to say that he wasn't doping.

Quote:
Increased fitness can be achieved by training etc...
please...
all of these guys are training rediculously hard, it's all they do. The reason that they dope is so that they can train harder. The argument that a guy doesn't dope because he works so hard is eroneuous, because performance enhancers are what allow you to puch past your normal training regimen. The reason alot of guys don't get caught is because they train on the stuff durring the offseason and then drop down to undetectable levels durring race season.

Quote:
What beating cancer has to do with anything I don't know, perhaps that gave Armstrong more focus and desire than other cyclists.
the point is that before he went on this run armstrong was a relitievly average cyclist, In order to beat the top cyclist in the world, when they are doping, cleanly he would have to be an extraordinary talent. he never showed this.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote