Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
pantherbot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
So it will be just like two years ago? That's what makes me laugh, a year ahead of time everyone says "next summer's free agency market is going to be awesome!" and then several players get re-signed and then "it's weak". The truth of the matter is, it's pretty much the same every year. We signed a lot of the top FA's on the market two years ago, and beat out a lot of the competition to do so. We won't need nearly as many this summer. It's far from a crisis situation if we trade away a few guys.
I am fairly certain that we will have trouble signing replacement free agents if we finish dead last this year and cut loose some of the players that we signed just two years ago.

Even if we don't have trouble signing them, why would you risk the team's stability just to pick up an extra couple 2nd rounders? That makes no sense. We should not be in continuous rebuilding mode. It is not a guarantee that we would be able to replace the players we trade away and it is very important for this team to do well next year.

I know that you are always very excited about prospects and potential, but at some point, this team needs to progress and that won't happen with a continuously changing roster every year.