View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Psyduck
cephalalgia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
Exciting news, but I'll believe it when I see it. This guy can get hurt eating breakfast, so avoiding setbacks will be key.

As for the lines, this is really the only option. You're not going to mess with the first line, and honestly, the one thing Ruutu has shown -- aside from his ability to get hurt -- is that he's not a first-liner.

JStaal/Skinner have been looking for the other winger, and Ruutu slots in there.

As long as they're healthy, Nash and Brent are our 3/4 centers.

As for the bottom six wingers (Jokinen, Dwyer, Wallace, Bowman, Westgarth, LaRose), I think you can put 'em in a hat and pick them based on who's playing well and the matchups. There's nobody special there.
Rutuu hits everything that moves and hits harder than his size would indicate. Over the previous couple seasons he has only missed ten games despite being our most physical forechecker.

Saying he "can get hurt eating breakfast" is not only stupid but it is insulting. A player like that sacrifices his body for the team whenever he plays. Not like Alex Semin, Jamie McBain, Jeff Skinner, Jussi Jokinen, Joe Corvo, or Joni Pitkanen who rarely make physical contact against opposing players.

Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote