View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Imlach a cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Just so you understand what I was saying: Every QB in this draft lacks either physical tools or the mentality that other drafts have had. Russell Wilson (like Drew Brees) fell in the draft because he is shorter than 6 foot. Wilson had the accuracy, strength, and play-calling of a 1st rounder but teams didn't think he'd be able to see over the OL-DL. This draft doesn't have a player who has all three. Smith has the accuracy and strength but can;t check off defenders or read coverages properly. Matt Barkley doesn't have the arm strength... I can go on and on but the point is that any QB (outside of Barkley who will be a better Chad Pennington) will need to be worked on and there is a high probably of bust.

Also your second point doesn't make sense. If no one knows how the QBs are going to turn out than why not wait and pick one in 6-7 round? I mean no one knows how they'll turn out right? Tom Brady?

And yes it is becoming easier and easier to predict how a QB will do on the next level.
Every year "experts" predict players and every year they get it wrong repeatedly. So unless you yourself have watched every college game from every single player in the draft, you have NFL level comprehenssion of every system in place or being considered, and years of experience identifying NFL level talent, your review of these players is almost worthless and therefor your analysis of how the draft will end up is also worthless. You cant even hide behind honest speculation because those are statements that you believe are unequivocally correct, proven by your dogged defense of them despite reasonable contradictory statements. Your second 2 paragraphs are obviously hurried attempts at belittling LS and not worth my time to even give a second look.

The draft is an inexact science based on percentages. The more visible talent the higher the percentage. 2 facts; there are 0 100% prospects and every year a player will beat his percentage (either positively or negatively). You draft on potential regardless of how long development will take. Every player coming out in the draft has the potential to be a good NFLer, the deciding factor has much more to do with drive, work ethic, and a favorable situation then it does with talent, especially outside the top 2-5 picks.