: Player Discussion:
View Single Post
03-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
I believe the answer is complicated.
I think there are many reasons why Ovechkin has "declined"
1. The rest of the league knows how to defend him better
2. He hasn't worked to become a better defensive player
3. I think he puts too much pressure on himself to score goals because he knows he is not a complete defensive player.
4. The Capitals lack secondary scoring / Mike Green has not/will not reach the level he was at before he got hurt. I feel like if the Caps had a dynamic puck mover at the blue line, that would change their attack.
5. Maybe knicks/wear and tear over his career have robbed him of some explosiveness or has made his shot less accurate ?
Even for the best goalscorers...goals come and go. Hard work, defense, and all the other little things can always be there.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Haj