Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 10:20 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I wouldn't worry about any gf dating Skille. As you can see he has a lot of trouble scoring. He's not an awesome fourth liner. He is one dimensional. That dimension is skating up the wing and shooting the puck either into the goalie's chest or shooting the puck wide and it goes out of the zone. He isn't physical and he is not good defensively.
generally agree - he's a bottom 6 role guy but what he can do and could contribute, imo, to a winning team is to be in on the forecheck hard and fast consistently, forcing the D's hand/potentially forcing turnovers. he's got the speed and size to cause problems there and that is a big part of the game now. of course, that requires reasonable D to O transitions, purposeful dump-ins + puck support, all of which we lack atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Weird statistic of the night:

The Lightning is +6. The Panthers are -31.

Despite being +37 on the Panthers, the Lightning only have 21 points to the Panthers 20.

The Panthers remain league worst in +/- ... nothing weird about that though.
you know, i haven't had the time or heart to watch many games this season but i've been encouraged to hear that we're playing with so little compete and getting our ***** kicked so consistently. i was SURE we'd be well in front in the race to #1. i was shocked to check the standings just now and see that we're only 1 point behind the lightweights. we need jovo back ASAP!