Thread: News Article: Great news on Rutuu
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:08 PM
totaltank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Rutuu hits everything that moves and hits harder than his size would indicate. Over the previous couple seasons he has only missed ten games despite being our most physical forechecker.

Saying he "can get hurt eating breakfast" is not only stupid but it is insulting. A player like that sacrifices his body for the team whenever he plays. Not like Alex Semin, Jamie McBain, Jeff Skinner, Jussi Jokinen, Joe Corvo, or Joni Pitkanen who rarely make physical contact against opposing players.
I have a suggestion for all that faux outrage, but I'll keep it to myself. Ruutu may have only missed 10 games (I assume you're not counting this season) the past "couple of" seasons, but he played almost all of 2009-10 season with a bum shoulder that eventually required surgery, then he had a slow start to 2010-11 due to the same shoulder. He also split his face open in his first game for the Canes, and was pretty much invisible in the 2009 playoff run, including missing several games due to injury.

Yeah, the guy plays hard. I'm pretty sure I never said he didn't. And I'm not surprised that he gets hurt a lot the way he plays. I'm just saying he gets hurt a lot.

totaltank is offline   Reply With Quote