View Single Post
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Miller Time
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
That's exactly what I thought of him, he has limited skillset but if he can become a good blue collar like Gorges he'll be good for the NHL. He plays a simple yet effective game, gets the puck in corners and passed it to Bouillon his PMD. This year the Habs D is dominant because of the Good first pass and PMD on each pairing. I liked what I saw from Pateryn but lets see if he can keep it up.
don't know much about Pateryn, but the thing about Gorges is that he has an insane work ethic.

Right around the time of the trade, I was working with a trainer who was with the Sharks while Gorges was there... spoke incredibly highly of him & his approach to training... called him the hardest working athlete he had seen in their organization.

That's what pushes fringe NHLers to the everyday quality-type player that Gorges has become.

Pateryn may be similar to Gorges in how he plays the game, but wether or not he ever becomes as effective and dependable as Gorges is will come down to how hard the kid works & how hard he's willing to push himself.

TIme will tell...

one thing is for sure, his odds of making the habs are insanely higher under MT's watch then they would have been under JM!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote