View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Wolfhard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
I don't think AV's a bad coach, but I do think that he's lost his team. I, for one, would like to see the entire coaching staff replaced.
Even more scary is that I've seen a few signs that the team is still trying to do what he's asking of them. I don't actually know if he's lost his team, or if he's just lost his way. The league has changed, or at least changed how they play us. And he has no answer for it. I think he's just found his limitations, and the team is following him blindly, even though they look as lost as he does.

As for his development of players, I really think he only develops those 2 way, 3rd line type guys that exceed expectations (Burrows, Kesler, Hansen etc). I don't give him much credit for the Sedins, as their own work ethic and commitment was a huge part of their development. The way they play is so unique to them that there's no way you can credit AV. He simply counts his blessings that he has them, and tries to use them effectively.
With skill type players, he seems to pin them to defensive roles, and bench them if they can't do it. They then either accept that role, or get traded/waived/let go.