View Single Post
Old
03-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You got to wonder if the Sharks will just clean house from the GM down if they finish the season like they've been playing.

You guys thought Sherman was bad, those returns are pretty ugly. They've rolled the dice over and over again on the same core, and got nothing to show for it.

BTW, that's why you don't just keep guys hanging around like Mueller and Flash, and rather turn the page and move on as an organization looking ahead. If SJ would have left some spots open, they could have McGinn and who knows what else playing at a high level for them. Instead they more or less just keep the same group.
Losing Coyle for the perpetually injured Burns was a horrible trade for them, especially since Coyle was the last ace prospect they had left in the system. And it's early yet, but he's looking really good for the Wylde right now.

I'd say Wilson has done a really good job overall, but he messed up on his last two trades big-time. Not sure why he let Winnik walk. They could really use him this season.

McLellan's definitely a goner, but I wouldn't be floored if Wilson were shown the door as well. I think if they flip Thornton/Marleau for good returns they might be able to stage a quick rebuild around Couture/Pavelski. But that might be hard with two big-salary players like that and a cap that's going down next season.