View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

vCash: 500
Firstly, I am a huge Ryan Smyth fan. Back in the day when I was a kid, I use to lineup at WEM for Smyth's autograph EVERY YEAR. I remembered getting it in 1997, 1998, 2000, and 2003. I still have pictures of me and Smyth posing for photos because I was a huge Smyth fan. He was my hero, my idol, and represented everything I loved about Oilers hockey. I was devastated when Smyth got traded and elated that Smyth got traded back to us in 2011.

However, regarding this thread, I COMPLETELY agree with the OP on this one.

Ryan Smyth is absoultely useless right now. He's slow, kills plays, doesn't do much defensively, doesn't go to the net and cause havoc for goalies and defense. Everytime he takes a stride, he looks gassed. He's a shell of the player I once loved and idolized growing up as a kid. Smyth is just taking up a roster space for players that are more useful. Like today, I would've preferred to see Smyth scratched instead of Ryan Jones.

It just kills me to say this but I hope Smyth retires now. There comes a time when I have to put aside my emotions and realize that the team (The Oilers) come first.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote