View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Montreal Shadow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanstar274 View Post
Has a Habs fan, I admit that Subban is still taking risks and makes bad decisions sometime, probably more often than MCD.

It's a very close one but gotta got with Subban's upside. Watching him play, i really really think, he can still give a little bit more and under Michel Therrien, he can only progress defensively...But i agree that the fact that Subban is flashier helps him win the poll, can't wait to see wich one is going to have the best career but I don't think any of these 2 guys is going to be significantly better than the other.
He has a whole 10 giveaways this season. That's roughly half a giveaway per game. Compare that to Letang who's got 30 or even Chara who's got 19. Subban had 88 giveaways in 81 games last year, that's more than a single one per game. It's because he used to be the type to take all kinds of unnecessary risks that led to turnovers. He never was bad defensively, just trying to do to much and it would bite him in the rear. Now he takes risks but they seldom turn against him. He's improved in pretty much EVERY area.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote