View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 02:01 AM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Looking at teams like the Sharks and Sabres, it makes me appreciate what Sherman has done so much more (I still don't like how he let go of Mueller and Flash, but i'm done debating that point). Both those teams look better on paper than the Avs right now, yet they're both struggling. They technically have all the pieces, a bunch of skilled players, two way guys, vets, etc., yet they don't look like contending teams, far from it.

The one thing the Avs have are heart and soul type players like Landeskog, Downie, O'Reilly, Varly, and Duchene. Add that to the mix of talent of PAP, McGinn, EJ, Stastny, Barrie (yes i'm adding him), and i'm loving our team make up.

The Avs have done a complete 360 with Landeskog and O'Reilly back, I think that's a huge sign of which players actually turn the cogs. We can use the excuse that there were huge holes in the lineup with all our injuries, but honestly when it boils down to it that's just an excuse IMO. Also, anyone wanting to ship out O'Reilly for his holdout is crazy. I firmly believe that if he's let go of the Avs will be a worse team, regardless who we get back.

I'm probably going to regret posting this once we get destroyed by our division next week agains the Oilers and Wild.