View Single Post
03-11-2013, 03:55 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by behemolari View Post
Barkov has more frame 6'4 210 lb at least, for 17 years old that's awfully lot, nobody knows which kind of player he'll finally be after he stops growing. At the time he is not nearly as explosive or gritty Forsberg was - prime or not. My guess how they'll end to be

Mats Sundin like.. Alexander Barkov
Peter Forsberg like.. Elias Lindholm

His skillset, physics and overallplaying is phenomenal, lacking explosiveness is really only minus. One thing to consider when making those comparisons, the guy is actually a russian not fin or swede! I believe nearest type of players should be looked there.
6'4 might be pushing it. He is something about 6'3.5 and 210+lbs. He is thick and bulky as hell for that height even if we take his age out of the question. Barkov can be big riser at the combine. He is physically beast, in amazing shape, still maturing up, getting stronger and bigger. It's fun to see how much hype there will be after the combine. I'm sure that Barkov will create BIG buzz. I know that people know that he is big and strong kid for 17 year old kid but that is only the tip of the iceberg...