View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 05:14 AM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Change Petrovic to Howden or Trocheck and make the 2nd this years 2nd and its a deal.

That's a great price for elite goaltending and Markstrom may be ready but rushing goalies isn't a good thing and allowing them time to completely mature and develop and let them over cook is a great thing, like we did with Schneider.
Still don't see this happening.
Lou is still on the books for 6.7m(salary) for a while.

Not sure the Canucks would keep a percentage of it to make it more attractive.

I'm not sold on Markstrom, compared to others, but I rather see him in net than have a high paid goaltender and less money spent on the skaters.

This team will be a floor team for the near future, and I rather not see a goalie(and Campbell) take up 13.7 million in salary for the next 3-4 years.

Money aside, I don't see Tallon giving up any of his guys he drafted. Especially Trocheck who has been lighting it up in the minors. With this team weak at the center spot, I doubt we move a center prospect that should be in the AHL next year or compete for a spot with the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Maybe trade versteeg or Goc. But keep the core of Huberdeau,Kulikov,Markstrom,Gudbranson and Bjustad. That will be a very good core in a few years.
I agree. I think Tallon will try to move guys that are soon to be UFA's or worn out their welcome.

I can see Versteeg moved out, not sure what his value is. I just hope he finds a way to get rid of Upshall and Kuba. Waste of 7.5 million dollars.

Last edited by ShootIt: 03-11-2013 at 05:25 AM.
ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote