View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
cam042686

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldunclehue View Post
I think you will ultimately find many people who support both sides of the spectrum. But we as fans/players and authors in your case have to realize that at the NHL level it is no longer just a sport. It is a money making machine, and in todays day and age the major sports have to compete for the attention of fans across the board. And fighting will always bring certain fans, attract new ones and keep the old ones who enjoy it around.

No one likes seeing someone injured from a fight, but same with a hit, puck in the face etc etc.....but it is an exciting part of the game, as the posts above say, we do still have some animal instinct in humans, and fight or flight still exists in our bodies.

It doesn't matter what I say, because you don't like the fighting aspect of the sport, but the sport doesn't actually matter as much as it used to, its the action that draws the fans that matters. And fighting right now still gets people standing up and cheering.....

Went to a WHL game tonight, heard 3 people say "oh I hope we see some fights"....so I think people still enjoy that part of it, even if they say they don't.

And if you don't like the fighting...as they say in "FUBAR" the movie...

"I suggest you try a new sport.........like knitting"
I didn't insult anyone with my note nor did I personalize things. I tried to raise a difficult subject like a "gentleman." Could you have not have responded in kind and skipped the "knitting" comment?

Craig Wallace

cam042686 is offline   Reply With Quote