View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 06:06 AM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Alright Howden then.

Your team may be a floor team, but really the thing about it is from a business POV you can't afford to be a team that is at the bottom of the standings every year, Lu may pack a punch to the cap (although if you are a floor team maybe that's not such a bad thing) but with us taking a bad contract back (Which is the part that makes it more appealing, instead of taking a part of the contract) it will really help the situation.
Snip
We add a piece for the playoffs and a few decent piece to add to our prospect pool, you add an elite goaltender that will really benefit your team moving forward.

Win - Win.
Howden was drafted by Tallon's first draft with the Panthers.
I would assume he will be counted on next year if we sell off guys like Kopecky, Upshall(buyout) etc.

Being at the bottom sucks, but, at least we will actually have the chance to draft a difference maker. For too long Vokoun and Luongo would steal enough games for the Panthers to have the amazing draft selection between 10-14 overall.

If Tallon doesn't like what he sees from Markstrom, I could maybe see Luongo in the offseason, but, I'm sure he'll explore other options of getting a good goaltender cheaper.

This team is just playing sloppy, minus the Huberdeau-Shore-Mueller line.
Poor back checking, defensemen playing too far off skaters, allowing easy entrance into our zone etc...
While goaltending hasn't been perfect, the defensive play is a big reason for our -31 goal differential

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote