View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Hendricks433

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Well, my minor hockey career is virtually over. Lost 8-7 in our Playoff Semi-Final to our division rivals. We we're down 6-1 halfway through, stormed back to 8-6, pulled the goalie with a minute left and I managed to sneak one in with 45 seconds left, but it wasn't enough. I have a tournament next week but after that I'm completely done. I finished this season with 14G 9A 23P in 11 games, in just my 2nd season as a player (10 previous as a goalie) and my first season dawning the "C". It's kinda sad saying goodbye, after 13 years of minor hockey.

Now I move onto Beer League, not sure who I'll be playing for or what my role will be, but I hope to get going soon. More time away from hockey, the more I miss it and the more I crave it. I don't know what to expect, considering I just got the hang of playing minor hockey as a forward, stepping into beer league is a whole new game. I'm an 18 year old kid stepping onto the same ice surface as full grown men. Luckily I've played Floor Hockey with men for the past year or so, so I've adapted to being the smallest guy and still being effective.

But with skates on, will it be the same? I won't stand a chance in the corners, I'm only 135 pounds, I'll get manhandled. The only part of my game that I'll be able to maintain is my speed and my shot, but my defensive play will take a toll. I've also been known to get under people's skin easily, although I gave that up when I got the "C" and intend to keep that away from my game until I need it, plus pissing off a bunch of full grown men isn't smart considering my size. And yes, I will be keeping my cage on until I feel comfortable without it and have the funds to buy a visor, they aint' cheap.

I'm both curious and a bit nervous for my jump to the beer league level, but I hope it just allows me to play the game I love.
Good luck! Im hoping to find my first league soon, hopefully find a team that needs an extra guy for the spring league around here.

If you switch to a visor check our hockeytron.com. Their visors get great reviews and theyre only $30.