View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Scored my first empty netter ever last night. Actually, my first as an adult. Literally the only goal I ever scored as a kid in about six years of hockey against goalies was an empty net.

Anyways, 182 games in rec leagues and my first empty netter. Actually had to work for it too. Deked the close defender then push up ice with two guys on me the whole way to get the shot from the offensive zone faceoff dot.

We got our 4th win of the season though...over the team below us in the standings. 4-14-1 on the year. Yay.

This level got a lot tougher though. Historically, I've been scoring about a goal every other game in the lower levels (D1) and a goal every fourth game in the higher levels (C2). Our level was created last year between the two (C3) and I had a goal per game, this year it's about a goal every fourth game, just like at C2 every year I've played it.

And our record last year was 9-10-1, this year will probably be 4-15-1, so I don't feel quite as bad.

On the plus side, I'm starting to figure out how to pass the puck (after six years). I'm starting to see my teammates and look to them whereas before I'd just shoot. I'm still a long ways from being a good passer but it's something to work on and I would like to be known as a player who can score goals as well as set up teammates.