View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Call me crazy, but when a guy drops the gloves and openly challenges a guy at center ice, that's probably what started the fight.

When did not fighting twice become an unwritten rule?

I still want to see replay on this. So much was going on, didn't even see how this started. (Sanvido isn't a fighter)
Clark and Mermis had something going on near the end of the 2nd period. Looked like they were going to go then but didn't. In the 3rd, Clark intentionally took a shot at Mermis, yes Memris went out to center ice but it didn't look like instigating as they both decided to drop the gloves. Correct me if I'm wrong if you have a replay.

The fighting twice thing is actually not referring to yesterday. Plenty of guys have fought twice, it's the issue I have that goes back to a couple months ago when Leroux and Bowen fought in the first period. In the 3rd period, Leroux laid an open ice hit on Studnicka I believe which was clean, went uncalled, low and behold Bilcke looks at Boughner and he gives him the nod to drop the gloves on Leroux. It's bush league. Many people at the game were surprised there was no instigating, tho it seems if you're instigated upon you have to turtle this year because of the new rules. And Boughner whines to the refs when the same thing happens to his players.