View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 10:20 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I wasn't intending to say that it's "more fair" to criticize Hunwick for his mistakes.

I was simply pointing out that since his arrival in Colorado, EJ has been our best defensemen, hands down. But he is also human, he's going to make mistakes. I was saying that whenever he makes a mistake, and unless I missed something last night, that was the only glaring mistake he had, then why are we jumping on him? I used Hunwick as an example, we jump all over him because he makes several mistakes a game.

No #1 Defensemen is going to be perfect 100% of the time, if they were then players like Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, et. al would have no problem getting around them and having a 1-on-1 chance with the goaltender.
That was a really dumb play. Those are the type of plays that he can't make if he wants to play more minutes. That is basically all that I said. If that is too harsh of criticism for our best defenseman then......well I don't know what his expectations are anymore. And those are the type of plays that a PK Subban or Phaneuf would make, but I expect more out of EJ. And I think he is capable of playing smarter. Nonetheless, I just wish everyone wasn't so sensitive about him. Anytime his name is brought up our board is like a bunch of soldiers here to protect him. The way some Avs fan talk about him on the main boards is over rating him at this point in time. Again, I want him to be a top pairing minute eater, and I think he can be, but he isn't there yet.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote