Old
03-11-2013, 10:23 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
You are looking the stats way to onedimensional:

I have made a list with everbodys stats after 82 games (with the current PPG rate) (Only players with at least 10g)

The top15 of every team:
Tampa:
Stamkos: 121.5
St.Louis: 108
Purcell: 69
Lecavalier: 65.5
Conacher: 65.5
Pouliot: 55
Malone: 47.5
Killorn: 43.5
Hedman: 39.5
Bergeron: 37
Salo: 35.5
Pyatt: 33
Carle: 29.5
Thompson: 29.5
Brewer: 26

And now Montreal:
Pacioretty: 82
Ryder: 65.5
Subban: 65
Diaz: 56
Gallagher: 55
Markov: 52.5
Plekanec: 52.5
Eller: 50
Desharnais: 49
Rene Bourque: 48.5
Brian Gionta: 46
Galchenyuk : 42.5
Emelin: 29.5
Prust: 29.5
Kaberle:24.5

Tell me something about scoring depth... We start a lot better and at the end we are still slightly better. You are only a little deeper when it comes to 40 point guys.

Only 2 of your fowards would be able to crack our top6. And if you go 10 games back it would have only been Pacioretty, because at that time Pouliot was near a PPG rate.
Our team is one of the deepest and at the same time one with a lot high end caliber player when it comes to forwards.
If you would exclude the Defenders, that one looks god awful for you. 3 of your top6 are Defenders. And even our 2 consistent 4th liners have better PPG stats than yours.

You are only that good because of Price and your D!!!
Ok.

First of all, you realize that you haven't taken yesterday's game into account, right? If you do, you'll see that the Canadiens are on pace to have eight (8) 50 points scorer in their lineup. And that's not even taking Diaz and Bourque into account, since the sample is much smaller.

Then, you have to stop discrediting a team because they have some huge offensive contribution from their back end. It's not detrimental to a team's depth. It's offense, no matter how you look at it.

Finally, I'll keep Moen, White, Armstrong and Prust. You keep Pyatt Thompson and whoever your 4th liners are. Good for you if you're happy with yours, we're more than happy with ours.

Then again, I don't want to start a bash fest, so I'll just get out of here. Just wanted to point out that the Habs depth is not as shallow as some of you make it look. They have proven 50 points scorers in Ryder, Plekanec, Bourque, Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty. They have interesting d-men capable of putting 40+ points in Markov, Subban and Diaz. And they have young players like Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk who can chip in offensively and who will likely increase their productivity going forward.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote