Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
pantherbot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Where did I say that we're more attractive a club than those? And who did we sign a couple years ago that were top free agents? Flash was the top guy to sign here, and he had health issues. We didn't sign a top teir guy.

And no one is suggesting we blow up the team, but there are players are who aren't working, or who aren't quite fitting the mold Tallon wants, I'd guess, that can be moved. Extea picks can also be used in trades as well.
I'm not saying you're suggesting we trade most of our players away, but there are several posters who have suggested we do so. I also never said anything about top tier free agents.

As RR has stated, there are certain league structures and some Florida specific benefits that are attractive, but I'm just saying that if we trade away many of our more veteran players, it isn't that easy to replace them.

The 2011 free agent bonanza for us was an abberation and should not be counted on to repeat. I would rather keep most of our main contributors and trade away the more peripheral players.