View Single Post
03-11-2013, 11:12 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I am surprised no one just came out and said the reason why he was scratched was that he was 38.

You can bag skate an old mule but its not going to get any faster, or plow any longer. And maybe have the opposite effect.

Sad thing was he probably was in as good a shape as he can be. Torts and others are using code speak for "you are old but I cant say it out loud". It happens every year a guy close to retiring but thinks they can still help out for one more year. If you got paid 3M you would try too.
just from memory off the top of my head. jf fortin was called out for bad nutrition and being out of shape. eric fehr was called out for being out of shape. ov has been called out for being fat and out of shape. backstrom has been called out for being swedish meatball out of shape. so....because hamrlik was overweight and out of shape it really means that he is old? as i recall the quiet talk of knuble last season was that he had lost a step that he needed and was aging out. no mention of knuble being out of shape. he was just getting too old.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote