View Single Post
Old
12-22-2003, 08:13 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
Buffalo would be a good option to look at for a goalie. They have an three (Biron, Noronen, and Miller). I know you are all going to say that none of them have playoff experience, but I say, how are they going to play some playoff games if they aren't on a team that can make the playoffs? I also know you will say that two of the three (Miller and Noronen) are unproven at the NHL level for the length of an NHL season. Again, I say, how will either of the two get any experience if they aren't given a shot.

Miller would be my goalie of choice.
Makes a lot of sense, you can't get playoff experience, unless you play on a team that makes it there. Besides, who here wouldn't take Marc-Andre Fleury right now even though he has no playoff experience? If he stays as good as he's been in the years to come, but pitt still sucks, are people going to knock him because of his lack of playoff experience? Every goalie, at some point in time, is without playoff experience.

Besides, if a goalie is truly good, then it shouldn't matter... playoffs may have more intensity, but hockey is hockey, and stopping pucks is stopping pucks.