View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
As myself and others have been trying to tell a lot of you guys, Sherman is merely a puppet when it comes to player decisions. The proof is the way the FO handled the entire RoR situation, it's just like the good old days with Drury, Ozo, etc. I truly believe that if Sherman was his own man, he would have found a way to get RoR signed and not negotiate exactly the way our president used to negotiate with RFAs.

Too close to call really.
Sakic isn't ready imo. I'm not even really sure he'll be as good as Sherman, let alone better for us. Sherman is a really underrated GM held back by a stupid President.

What I like about the O'Reilly situation is we didn't screw around with the offsersheet. Signing him immediately, which shows his importance to the team and front office. I honestly believe he'll be kept and agree Sherman could have gotten a deal done if the front office didn't hold him back.

But I'm also really uncertain what to expect from Ryan. In an ideal world Sherman will extend a 5.5mil offer to each of our centers for the next 4 years. I expect them all to get closer to 6-6.5 then 5.5 though. Sadly Stastny may decide that FA is best for him since we'll be seeing a surge in the Cap during his summer and teams will likely overpay him ala Richards.