View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:30 AM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
I love the idea of Sharp-Toews-Nash on the 4th line for the reasons you mentioned. Great to see Nash playing great as well. A lot people were discounting Nash for Sochi just a couple of weeks ago. Nash to me is a lock for Sochi. Guy played very good hockey in Vancouver. People have short memories.
Nash should be considered a lock, Eric Staal too at this point. Sharp is unfortunately out for about a month with a shoulder injury; he'll make or break his case for Team Canada during the playoffs anyway. I haven't included him in my previous lineups, as I felt that him and Staal were competing for similar bottom 6/7 spots, but with Staal raising his game this year, I now think he's more cut out for a top 6 type role and thus Sharp would make perfect sense. If that line goes (Toews, Nash, Sharp), it will be interesting to see where Bergeron ends up (I consider him a lock, too). Maybe RW on the Crosby line as the doing the grunt work and providing defensive cover?

Another 5 points for Kunitz last night, and Sid is looking absolutely dominant out there - great news for us. I still think Kunitz will taper off somewhat, though still end up top 5 or so in points. Combined with a strong playoff run, I'd have no issue with him getting vetted at the summer camp. He'll need to prove he's more than just Crosby's wingman. Generally speaking, the same holds true for James Neal.