View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
CM-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Schnieder would ultimately net the Canucks a better return as he doesn't have a ridiculous contract attached to him. NJ would seem to be an ideal partner.

Something like Henrique + 1st + Frazee (or another G-prospect that can replace Lack in the minors) + Matteau (or another prospect).

Not sure what NJ or Vancouver fans would think, but Henrique would almost certainly have to be part of the deal.
That is a massive overpayment also the Canucks don't need another Goalie Prospect we have another that is looking pretty good in Joe Cannata. I doubt the Devils move Henrique as he looks to be a big part of their core (could be wrong and if so sweet). If something like Henrique + 1st + Matteau (too much youth coming Van's way atm) is coming Van's way. We would have to be adding back probably along the lines of Schroeder+ a 2nd. Schroeder is NHL-Ready but we also have Jensen who looks to be on the cusp of being NHL-Ready too and is a bigger winger which would give him an advantage) Schroeder would look decent as a 2nd line Center or good as an offensive 3rd line Center as long as you guys give him decent linemates for the last little while Schroeder's been paired with offensive Dyanmo Tom Sestito and "The Dutch Gretzky" Dale Weise. Which has hindered his points this year. Defensively he is better than you expect out of a small Center. He will probably never win a Selke but he shouldn't hurt you more than he'll help you.

If Schneider is going to NJ I do believe Henrique would be the main request from Gillis.

Maybe something like

Henrique, Mark Fayne (or another RSD), 1st, and middling prospect.

For

Schneider, Ballard, Schroeder and a 3rd.

I'm not to knowledgable on NJ Defense. From the Stats looks like he is behind Larsson and Zidlicky on the Right side, and would probably be in the same position over here as Tanev is a solid D who allows his partner play a freer game (which is why Ballard plays so well with Tanev).

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote