View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
cyclones22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Wow, how the hell is Voynov winning this poll? He's a good top-4 guy, but Justin Faulk is a #1D. Jeez, kid's underrated.
I won't pretend to be an expert on Faulk, as I've seen very little of the Canes this season. But I'd like your opinion on what makes Voynov a good top-4 guy and Faulk a #1D. Is it size? Speed? Hitting? Playing in all situations? Or is it the proverbial eyeball test?

I can only go off comparables on paper at this point. Both guys were early second round picks, Voynov in one of the deepest defensemen drafts in NHL history in 2008. HF projection of Faulk is 7.5B, Voynov at 8.0B. While it's true that Voynov is a second pairing guy in LA, that's where Faulk would be in our lineup at best. The Kings D is also better than Carolina's by a longshot, and that's with Quick having his worst season in his career coming off of back surgery.

I'm not disputing that Faulk has a brighter future than Voynov. I want to know what makes him better and a #1D, besides him being top pairing in Carolina, and Voynov a top-4 guy.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote