Thread: GDT: min@nsh 3/9/2013
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
april

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
With Weber Josi Klein and Ellis they are going to be our top 4.

The one issue where it is apparent we misst the new elf is psychiologically. The team realizes they have lost a top level defensman. My theory is that they are attempting to make up for it being more defensivly minded. This explains the drop in SOG and lack of a consistant forecheck. They are more concerned about getting back on D than pressuring in the offensive zone. It has uncovered how poor our top 6 really are offensivley when they are not pressuring the other team in our offensive zone.

In the past they could woutwork other teams scoring by committee like Poile and Trotz developed the team. So adjusting to the loss of Suter or the forwards think they are much better than they really are after last years playoff success. Or a combination of them both. The fact remains they have 5 regulation wins and 12 games out of 25 where they have scored 1 or less goals.

Tomorrow night is a critical game psychologically. A loss combined with a BlueJacket win puts the Jackets ahead of the Preds in the standings. Just think about that for a minute.... Ohhhhh The Jackets suck, well they are on a 5 gme win streak something the Preds have ot done this year.

Has Ellis ever played on 2nd line with Klein for an entire game yet? Don't get me wrong, I have tons of love for Ellis, but I think it's saying a lot that Trotz hasnt shown that he thinks Ellis is capable of playing 2nd line, considering he has played Blum and Bartley in that position. I think Ellis is a solid player and will be vital to this team for years to come, but I think it's quite over-hyped for him not playing an entire season with us yet.

april is offline   Reply With Quote