Thread: Proposal: #BringBackBob
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
cheesesteak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Meh. Hindsight is 20/20. Bob had an atrocious year followed by an equally if not more atrocious playoffs. The Flyers had Bryz long term. I would wager 99% of the teams in the NHL would have done the same thing. If you don't, you risk either losing him for nothing, or trading him for less than you could have traded him for. Risk vs. reward. Imagine the outrage if Bob walked for nothing when his contract was up..."WHY DIDN'T HOMER TRADE HIM EVERYONE KNEW HE WOULDN'T RE-SIGN HERE!!!!" Or the outrage if they hung on to him and he continued to suck this year..."OMG WHY DID THEY HANG ON TO THIS GOALIE HE HAD SUCH A BAD YEAR LASTYEAR WE ALL KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE THE SAME THIS YEAR!"
What do you mean Bobrovsky had a atrocious year? He had 54 games played with a a .915 sv% as a rookie playing his first season in North America. Then he had a bad playoffs but was never really given a chance to redeem himself. Look he was not even much worse then Bryz last season but he barely got any starts in the 2nd half when the defense was better and that's where Bryz redeemed himself. Also like I said this was the off season predictions for this season thread where I said Bob would prove he can be a starter so I don't get hindsight is 20/20.

I do get trading him because Homer has Bryz signed a eternity, there was no amnesty at the time, and a 2nd was a good return considering all that.