View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
I'm not saying you're suggesting we trade most of our players away, but there are several posters who have suggested we do so. I also never said anything about top tier free agents.

As RR has stated, there are certain league structures and some Florida specific benefits that are attractive, but I'm just saying that if we trade away many of our more veteran players, it isn't that easy to replace them.

The 2011 free agent bonanza for us was an abberation and should not be counted on to repeat. I would rather keep most of our main contributors and trade away the more peripheral players.
Fair enough. I actually wasn't referring to you, plenty have said we shouldn't trade guys recently signed because it sends a bad sign to other FAs. That's just rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
As RR and you have said, with DT and the youth as a core, and sunshine and state taxes, players will choose to come here OVER some of the Northeast teams.

Yall think luongo was just wanting to come back for the pizza?
Lol, that's kinda true, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...almost-anybody

Take this article for what it's worth, but it's more info on who we are moving....
It mentions Garrioch's article, so I give it little weight. I said a week or so ago that I see 3 maybe 4 guys moved, I still do. I don't think Kopecky, Goc, or a few others available. Not sure on Versteeg, but Flash, Weaver, and no idea who else could be moved.