View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 12:50 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
just from memory off the top of my head. jf fortin was called out for bad nutrition and being out of shape. eric fehr was called out for being out of shape. ov has been called out for being fat and out of shape. backstrom has been called out for being swedish meatball out of shape. so....because hamrlik was overweight and out of shape it really means that he is old? as i recall the quiet talk of knuble last season was that he had lost a step that he needed and was aging out. no mention of knuble being out of shape. he was just getting too old.
That was the quiet talk. The not so quiet talk was Knuble was washed up. Getting old. You know coaches and GM's will not be that direct.

How many other times in Hammer's career has he been reported to be out of shape? Reports of him working out this off season seem to be to the contrary. Your list of out of shape Greenhorns has no bearing on Hammer's situation.

We have seen these time and time again. The guy that probably needs to retire, doesn't want to. Anything said publicly, quietly omits the facts. Players not only lose a step, they lose stamina because it takes more work to do the things they did effortlessly as greenhorns. Its takes longer to get in shape, because you are old! Its all the same thing.

Its called aging. Getting old sucks we all know it and thus there is no need to defend it.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote