Thread: Proposal: #BringBackBob
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Flyerfan4life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
People also like to not factor in that Bob not only went from being a starter his first year in the NHL and did amazingly well until the second half but then had to learn to be a backup with not enough reps to get into a groove b/c we had Bryz who we had to justify all of last year by giving him starts regardless. Trying to learn how to be a starter in this league is hard enough especially when you make the jump straight from the KHL but then mentally you have to adjust in your second year to being a backup...ask players like Bob Froese how tough that is. Actually, there is a pretty good archived article that was written back in the day about how tough it was for Froese to have to deal with being in the shadows especially when you are ultra-competitive like Froese was and Bob is....

Bob was not developed properly here..he was jerked around for expedient reasons and he is in a better place...

Having said this I think Holmgren did ok with his return ..at face value but we shall see.

agree with all of this..

while i do miss bob, i still understand moving him was basicly better for both parties..